Privacy statement Data Protection
The Fifties Sports Car Racing Club (FISCAR) is a privacy-conscious organisation and is strongly committed to your right to privacy. That is why we have drafted a Privacy and Data Protection Statement, in line with the new General Data Protection Regulations.
The General Data Protection Regulations
The new General Data Protection Regulations sets rules for processing personal information and applies to structured paper records as well as data held on personal computers.
FISCAR’s Use and Storage of Data
The GDPR Act states that those who record and process personal information must be open about how the information is used and must follow the eight principles of 'good information handling'.
These principles state that data must be:
• Fairly and lawfully processed, • Processed for limited purposes, • Adequate, relevant and not excessive,
• Accurate, • Not kept for longer than is necessary, • Processed in line with your rights, • Secure, and
• Personal data will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area unless the country provides an adequate level of protection.
If you believe that FISCAR is not processing your personal data in accordance with these principles, please contact the Club Secretary
How does FISCAR collect data?
There are several means by which FISCAR collects personally identifiable data, for example:
• Through membership application form, • From previous race entry forms held,
• By entering into email or telephone correspondence with a FISCAR official.
Personal information we may collect from you.
Depending on the type of membership or race entry you register with us, you may initially provide us with or we may obtain personal information about you, such as information regarding your:
• personal contact details that allows us to contact you directly such as name, title, postal, email addresses and telephone numbers, and PayPal details
• membership start and end date, • records of your interactions with us such as telephone conversations, emails and other correspondence and your instructions to us, • records of past race entry forms, • images in video and/or photographic form and voice recordings for use on the FISCAR website. • your marketing preferences so that we know whether and how we should contact you. •
Is information passed to Third Parties?
No information is passed to Third Parties without your express permission or documented instruction.